• 4+ years of game design experience
• 4+ years of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign)
• 4+ years of Unity experience
• 4+ years of C# experience
• 3 years of Git, Perforce, and SVN
• 3 years of Maya Experience
• 1 year of C++
• Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4
• Familiarity with Lua
• Current Senior at DigiPen Institute of Technology as a Bachelor of Arts in Game Design
• Minoring in both Psychology and English
• Worked as a Teacher's Assistant for a total of five classes in past, including design, project, and psychology courses.
My twin brother Garrett (left) and I (right)
Whether I knew it or not, games have been a constant presence in my life. From acting out wild stories with our LEGO sets to playing Kirby: Air Ride until far past our bedtime, my two brothers and I were always entranced in one fantastic world or another.
As I got older, my creativity primarily manifested through music: I started playing the guitar when I was 10 and the violin when I was 12. To this day, playing these instruments helps me manage stress and express myself in ways words can't.
During my high school years, I struggled to figure out what type of career I wanted. I had a knack for history and writing, so I spent most of those years assuming I'd end up studying International Relations or Political Science in college.
In my junior year of high school, however, I discovered the Metal Gear Solid franchise, and it changed my life. Metal Gear Solid 2 left an especially strong impact on me, as the protagonist, Raiden, struggles to find his purpose in life. At the end of the game, Solid Snake advises him to find something he believes in and pass it on others. That line has stuck with me ever since, and I decided to learn how to make games to do exactly that.
Since starting at DigiPen, I've developed skills I never imagined I would have. I've met people who inspire me every day with their passion and devotion. Since my Sophomore year, I've been a member of Enoom, a cross-disciplinary team of other students. I am currently the Design Lead and Level/Narrative Designer on the team, which is in the process of developing a 3D third-person shooter.